1. Nowadays there is no need for museums and art galleries any more. Since everything is accessible through internet, people can find any historic facts there. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons and examples from your personal knowledge.
2. Money offered for postgraduate research is limited; as a consequence, some people argue that financial support from the government of the day should be only provided for scientific research rather than research for less useful subjects. Do you agree or disagree?
1. A report indicated that many children between 7 and 11 spend too much time watching television and/or play video games. How does the problem affect the children, their families and society? What measures can be taken to control it?
2. The government should control the amount of violence in films and on television in order to decrease the violent crimes in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. News media is important in our society. Why is it so important? Do you think its influence is generally positive or negative?
1. Some people think governments should focus the spending only on public services rather than wasting money on arts (music, printing, etc.). To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think government should ban dangerous sports, while others think it is people's freedom to do whatever sports activities they choose. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. Holding Olympic Games is an exciting event. Some people think it has positive effects while others argue it is a waste of money. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
1. Some people think the governments should act to decide how people live in order to make a healthier life. Others think individuals should decide their own lifestyle. What do you concern about? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
2. Scientists say that junk food is harmful to people's health. Some say the way to ask people to eat less food is to educate them, while others say education does not work. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
1. Some people think the recent increase in cheap air travel brings benefits, while other people think it has drawbacks to the environment and the world's resources. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
2. Many people think cheap air travel should be encouraged because it gives ordinary people freedom to travel further. However, others think this leads to environmental problem, so air travel should be more expensive in order to discourage people from having it. Discuss the both sides and give your own opinion.
1. Many people believe that today there is a general increase in anti-social behaviour and lack of respect for others. What might have caused this situation? How to improve it?
2. Many people are afraid to leave their homes because of their fear of crime. Some believe that more action should be taken to prevent crime, but others feel that little can be done. What is your opinion?